Friday, 8 October 2010

First Ideas

Hello,

I`m a final year student at the Thames Valley University in London (also called University of west London) for Digital Animation Specialist.

I have a few of ideas thats why I will use this week end for research what the best will be.


One of the Ideas will be to make a Abstract 3D Fractal animation. I think this will be interesting to write a algorithm for it.

The other idea is it to make a animation of a building what gets build up. I would get in touch with one of my architect how I work for and ask for a building floor plan. this will also be helpful because I want to make a mix between 3D Animation and Interior Design/Architecture.

Also there is the idea to animate a small sequence of the fantasy world "Schattenlicht" where I work on it with friends since 6 years. I have done a Character last year in the module Character design what I would use for it.

When I was working on my Character last year I started also with MEL scripting what I get really interested in so I though maybe I could also make a MEL script for a Rig. That`s why Andy Cornell asked me if I be interested to make with him a face script rigging animation.


I think this is everything.
when I know more what I want to do or what I have decided I will let you know.

greetings

2 comments:

  1. Fractal Idea sounds like it would look amazing but depends what you'd like to do when you finish uni and if it has relevance to the showreel you want to put out.

    The architecture idea seems the best one to me as you've already got a few real world contacts you can use to your advantage and you come from an architecture background.

    schatenlicht animation would be fun but time consuming , though you'd definately get a feel for character animation and rigging practice.

    reckon go for the architecture one based on the fact you've got good research opportunities and sources of info will be widely available.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea... I`m really between the fantasy world and the Architecture but for the future will be the Architecture more useful. and the fantasy world I can make as second think.

    ReplyDelete